Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Paper Pumpkin embellished with Pretty Flowers

So, in case you have not heard - I LOVE SU's Paper Pumpkin kits - these kits come to your door every month and are complete with everything you need to make an amazing project which could be cards, or gift cards, or 3d - or who knows what will be in the future.  This month's kit is featured in this video - just to give you an idea of what you get each month - sorry it's so large - couldn't figure out how to make it smaller :(

What's even better - if you prepay for three month's right now during Sale-a-bration -you can save money and get a FREE Sale-a-bration product.
You can order directly through my website BY CLICKING HERE!
So I got my kit and it comes with so many goodies - but I don't like to waste a bit of it - so I decided to punch and create some beautiful flowers out of the scraps.  I punched these with the new Blossom Bunch Punch from the Occasions Catalog.
You can see here the areas of the scraps where I punched -
So after punching flowers from the scraps - I alternated colors - light, dark, light.  Then using my foam pad and the bottom of a closed sharpie pen - I pushed down gently in the center of each to get some curvature on the petals.
This is how they looked after pushing down, and before assembly.
Then I just put the layers together with glue dots and added a large pearl to the center to finish it.  You can see one made in the coral colors and another in the two shades of gray that are in the kit.
I then took the green scraps and punched some leaves using the Bird Builder punch.  Used a heart from the kit and stamped it, added the flowers, leaves and some of the twine.
And hung it in the middle of my seasonal wreath for now through February.  I love how the heart and flowers look - and hope you enjoyed this mini tuturial.
Stop back soon for more stamping ideas.   ~Maureen
Products used to make my flowers and heart - 

No comments: