Once again, so very happy to be hopping with this lovely group of stampers for the month of September as we share some Halloween fun with you. Be sure to hop on through the links at the end for some SPOOKY inspiration.
For my card today - I chose to make a simple spinner card - this was a request by a member of one of my technique club members - so why not go Halloween! This bat was just calling out to me saying it wanted to "spin" lol!
I used Stampin' Up!'s linen thread, Memento Ink, Cajun Craze marker, the Hallows Night Magic set and coordinating dies from the bundle. And for the card above I cut the bats out of the coordinating Magic in the Night DSP -
Simple Spinner Instructions - Start with an A2 card base and a DSP layer that is 5 ¼” x 4”. Layer the DSP lightly on the front of the card base with a small amount of snail or seal (1/4” to hold temporarily). Cut through both layers with a punch or die cut to make a window opening. At the top of the opening on the card base front only, secure one end of the twine with strong adhesive. Next punch/cut two symmetrical images (you can also layer images on a square or circle, etc.). Adhere these back to back on the twine in the center of the opening, so that it will be able to spin freely. Then secure the other end of the twine with strong adhesive to the bottom of the opening. Layer your DSP layer on the front to cover the twine – it should line up perfectly. Decorate card as desired. Twist the image about 5 times before closing card – when you open it, image should spin freely.
And here's the card open - you can see how the big bat freely would spin, and there is a strip of white with a creepy spider image where you can write your sentiment. Of course, if you wanted to write more - you could always add another panel to the back of your card. These and fun and easy to make and could be duplicated in any theme. Try one and let me know how it goes!
A little bit crazy and always stampin' ~ Maureen
- Claudia Christensen (D) - https://www.claudiasecke.de/2020/09/hopping-around-world-happy-halloween.html
- Rebecca-Jo Unwin (Australia) - https://rebecca-jounwin.blogspot.com/2020/09/hopping-around-world-blog-hop-september.html
- Rachel Macleod (UK) - https://onthewingsofcraft.blogspot.com/2020/09/hopping-around-world-blog-hop-halloween.html
- Mo Rootes (UK) - http://www.crafty-rootes.com/halloween-hopping-around-the-world-blog-hop/
- Susan Simpson (UK) - https://craftyduckydoodah.blogspot.com/2020/09/flight-of-fancy-hopping-around-world.html
- Maureen Rauchfuss (USA) - https://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2020/09/hopping-around-world-blog-hop-september.html
- Sheila Turner (Canada) - https://cardsalot.wordpress.com/
- Pamela Poli (FR) - https://scrappam.fr/blog-hop-halloween/
To order any of Stampin' Up's products you can go directly to my online store -www.stampingwithmaureen.stampinup.net and click on SHOP NOW.
Please use my current hostess code EXQWMY9U before checking out to get full benefits from me as your demonstrator*