Sunday, January 10, 2016

It's a new year full of possibilities!

Don't know if I've mentioned it lately - but I LOVE calendars.  I have my planner, I carry a smaller scheduling one in my purse, I use the Google calendar religiously and can access it on my phone and Kindle, I have one on the fridge, one in my checkbook, one on my nightstand, and one on my desk - crazy huh!  Each year as a little holiday gift - I usually make a calendar of some sort from my downline.  I put a few of the past ones at the bottom of this blog post.  But here is the one I came up with this year -
It mails folded down - but then pops us to reveal a post it note pad also. It's the same as the easel card patterns - but uses the post-it notes to hold it up rather than a button or brad.  Here is a side view (ignore the mess on the table - this picture was taken in the throws of my Christmas crafting).  You can see how the easel part works.  Didn't get them all out in the mail till late last week - so they'll be receiving them in the new few days or so. 
I was also thrilled when the last Paper Pumpkin kit was also a calendar.  I made up the kit just as the directions said - and it came with a cute little gold easel stand to hold the calendar months.  But I had this white IKEA frame that I had used last year for a special downline project - you can see details on that project here - http://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2014/12/downline-holiday-party-project.html and the two blog posts following it.
So I decided to punch holes and re-use the frame on my desk again - you can see how it sits above, and how the future months stack up behind to just be flipped forward.  I plan to use the month cards later in my Project Life scrap-booking - so they will put to good use.
Hope this inspired some of you to get those projects out and start stamping - this is a year full of endless possibilities!  Enjoy it!  ~Maureen
It's a great time to subscribe to Paper Pumpkin - you can prepay and earn SAB products FREE -


1 comment:

Paula Bock said...

I just got my calendar a couple days ago and I love it! I had forgotten that you send out the calendars to your downline,so it was a really nice surprise. And the sentiment on it is perfect. Thank you!