Thursday, July 7, 2011

Convention 2011 Cards

So I've been busy, busy getting ready for my downline appreciation luncheon this weekend, and for Convention next week - woo, hoo!! There are some things I don't want to share yet, but I did want to share these. They are my cards for an organized swap I entered in for Convention. I used the new Hostess set "Faith in Nature" which I absolutely love. It's perfect for watercoloring - very "artsy" look to it - Here's a close up of the card - using Pear Pizzaz, Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, Basic Black and Vanilla. Each one was watercolored so they vary a bit - but I think they all came out great. And an even closer close-up of the water-coloring - isn't it pretty. I used watercolor paper, and found if you bend the corner a bit it will split and you can seperate it in two pieces - it makes it go twice as long, but even better, it is lighter and thinner then and adds less weight to your cards. Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is so pretty and soft! If I were at convention I would hunt you down and make you give me one! :))) Have a great time at convention and thanks for blessing my day. :)

Debbie Martin said...

Lucky convention goers! Love this card and stamp..have fun at convention.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

If I were going to convention I would swap with you!

Dale Morin said...

Great swaps. I hope we get to swap! I don't have this set but this may make me add it to my wish list. Hopefully I'll see you at convention!

Unknown said...

I would swap with anyday! But alas, I'm not going to convention this year :-(
I really like these cards tho'

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Those are so Pretty. They look like so much work too! Have a good time at Convention!!

Hugs
Shirley
www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

Patti said...

Very pretty. I'm sure those who swap with you will really enjoy the card.