Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Life's A Journey! July Technique - embossed foil!

A lot of you who know me, know that for year's my hubby worked for a local Harley Davidson dealership in Southern Cal.  So when the new catty came out with this set - I just had to have it.  It has been a lot of fun to play with, and for my club last month - using the embossed foil technique on it was perfect.  We used the Boho Chic embossing folder following the instructions I posted on August 11.  It reminds me of the pattern embossed in the metal on the footplates of some motorcycles.
The gems in the corner and on the banner were colored first with a black Sharpie - so they are black, but you can still see the shine through them.  The rest of the card is pretty straight forward.  We stamped the shield once on Very Vanilla, then the word "Journey" on Pumpkin Pie; and punched that word out with the new Classic Label punch - then layered it on top of the shield.
Love the way it came together - great masculine card!!! Hope you liked it too. Stop by tomorrow as I am a guest blogger on the Stampin' Friends August Hop - this month's theme is HOPE.  ~Maureen
Click on any image below to go right to my online store - 





No comments: