Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fall Flower demo -

At our Downline Meeting I did a short demo on making a quick and easy fall type flower to add to projects. Try it and let me know what you think.

Step 1 - Punch a scallop and sponge edges with a darker color - Step 2- cut in toward center between each scallop to create petals - leave about a 1/2" circle in the middle of the scallop - Step 3 - turn the sponged side down on top of a spongy mat or mouse pad and use your bone folder to gently push in the back of each petal to cause it to curl a bit. (Your eyes aren't fooling you - I changed color of my flower during my demo to show the project at the different stages :) - Step 4 - you can see here how the back of the petals go in - this makes each petal look more realistic. Step 5 - turn flower back over with shaded side up - using bone folder press down in the center of flower a bit and add a brad, button, etc. - complete your project. Each lady got to make one of these 3x3" cards - so cute!!
Thanks for stopping by - stop back soon! ~Maureen

2 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Great tutorial. I love how these flower turned out and make such a perky display on your cards. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Julie Gearinger said...

Wow- love this flower as well!