Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sea Street meets Shaving Cream

So today I wanted to share with you the FUN card we made using the Shaving Cream Technique at my Club this month.  When the new catalog came out I fell in LOVE with this little octopus.  I have no idea why.  I normally do not go for the cutesy sets - but he just seemed to be calling out, "pick me, pick me" - so I did.  He's part of the Sea Street Set.
So we made a shaving cream layer using tones of blue to simulate the swirling sea waters.  Added all the little fish swimming around every which way as the water is churning.  And popped up the little crab as an accent (I kinda love him too :)
Then we added two sizes of gems for the bubbles going up to the top of the water.

And finally - a little double knot - just to complete the nautical theme. 
Stop by soon to see the little gift tote we made to match this card!!  ~Maureen

No comments: