Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Rudolph Group Project

So at our Holiday Party last weekend we made this adorable little Rudolph using punches and our Top Note die - how cute is that!!  I pretty much CASE'd the reindeer from Kristy Brown but I didn't have the die she used for the antlers.  Then I remembered seeing our Oak Leaf die cut in half somewhere and used as antlers - so that's what I did and instant Rudolph :)  I actually cut two oak leaves, as they are not perfectly symmetrical and then cut them both in half and used the same sides on the deer and kept the others for another deer.  The muzzle with the nose taped to it; and the eyelids are popped up on dimensionals - and his nose of course is our SU glitter paper. You could sponge him a bit for even more dimension.
Here is the template with the different punches we used to create this little cutie -
It's hard to see the 2 white large ovals but they are there; and the writing under the oak leaf is in glare - but I explained that above in this post.  Then we took a strip of cardstock 10 3/4" x 2 3/4" and scored it horizontally at 4" and 6 3/4" and then vertically at 1/2" and 2 1/4" to allow a 1/2" on the sides to attach tape.  Notch the little triangles as shown to help it fold better.  Then this was all just folded (see picture below) and then taped to the top note die cut-outs.  I placed it inside of the little dotted line on the top note, and then cut a little off the middle peak of the top note die on the bottom, so the box would sit flat.
And another view of our finished product.
I wish I would have taken a picture of everyone's, as when I walked around the room they all had their own personalities.  Some had crooked smiles, some had their antlers tilted more to the side, some left the eyelids off and had wide open eyes - but all soooooo cute and easy.  Hope you enjoyed!  ~Maureen

1 comment:

Julia said...

So cute!! Can't wait to CASE.