Monday, November 12, 2012

Parks and Rec Card III

So today I'm sharing the third card we made at the last Parks and Rec class - this was my FAVORITE!!  I love butterflies - but what I really love is the gray and turquoise colors together.  After I posted this I realize this was one I did after the class - the verse we used there was "Kindness Matters" but everything else is the same.  Sorry I took a picture of the wrong one - but it shows you how versatile a card like this is - just change out the verse for what you need.
This card uses the "Kindness Matters" set.  The middle butterfly is cut out and popped up on a glue dot, and we added some pretty little pearls.  The banner strip is from the Twitterpated Designer Series paper in our big catalog and the background is embossed using the "Lacy Brocade" embossing folder from the Holiday catalog - it has a very elegant and lacy look.   The butterfly layer was cut out using one of the framelits from "Apothecary Accents."   Love this card - and I think it would be pretty in many different color combinations. 
Have a happy day!  ~Maureen

No comments: