Monday, June 27, 2011

Yesterday was my SU Retirement Party

This was added later - just wanted you to see how great the bookmark we made works on my book - nice huh!!

No - not me - I'm not retiring, but a BUNCH of sets are. So each year at this time I do an Open House and invite customers to come browse through and purchase retired sets, papers, ribbons, wheels, etc. I don't sell anything that is going away in July of this year. Everything I sell was retired already last July. Just makes it less confusing to me. So besides some refreshments, we also do several FREE make and takes - just for FUN!! Here's the first one we did - a 3"x3" gift card using the new flower punch from our mini catalog, and the sentiment is from a retiring set. The second project was this Patriotic Pennant using our retiring Pennant die - And the third was this corner page book mark. I saw how to make these on Splitcoast Stampers and love them because they fit snuggly over the corner of the page you are on, and the don't stick outside the book. I used the retiring Sense of Time set - and I love the sayings. This is the front - "An unhurried sense of time is in itself a form of wealth." How true is that!








The back says "Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow." Words to live by!The day was lots of fun and a success as I sold a lot of retired product to make way for the new. But still have lots to sell. Ebay here I come :) Hope everyone had a good time!

1 comment:

Patti said...

Great make & takes. Love the pennant.