Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Wonderful, cool Spring

I love plants and greenery and outside beauty - but usually it is so hot in southern Cal where we live that it is hard to keep things blooming and green. But this spring has been wonderfully cool, and we've had late rains and my yard looks great. Here are my pink calla lilies in bloom - And for some reason my Easter lilies are blossoming -



My hydrangeas are lovely - here's a varigated one -

See the flowers up close - they have streaks of white and green - And here's a pure pink one -


And my aloe vera - is beautiful -

Finally - here's our little garden - we've been picking a bowl of peas daily - and they are
yummy. Unfortunately the cool weather has kept the corn from growing. It's small and already tasseling, so not sure if we'll get anything there.


But the tomatoes, squash, chives, cilantro and basil all look great!

No comments: