Sunday, April 17, 2011

April Club Challenge Cards -

Each month our club does a challenge using last month's technique. Last month we did the Baby Wipe technique - http://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/2011/03/club-baby-wipe-technique.html So we had three entries this month - this first very Eastery card by Karen used not only our baby wipe technique but also the embedded embossing technique from the month before - she also used the technique several ways - on the background - the stamped words - and on the flower. This card just shouts "Spring is here" to me - The second card was mine - I used Night of Navy and Old Olive for this richly colored Flowers Awash card - the flowers were stamped using the baby wipe technique and there is also a background layer that I loved - but most of it ended up getting covered up :( I still like the way it turned out though.

The third entry was from Lyn and was our winner. She used the baby wipe also by swiping the background and then also on the layer behind the words and the lovely flowers (which have our glitter brads in the center). If you look closely you can see she also embossed the flowers before punching them out. The picture is a little dark as I was having trouble with my flash putting a glare on the card - sorry Lyn. Thanks ladies for entering our challenge -
My Clubs are currently reorganizing for our next round - you can check out full details here http://crazystampinglady.blogspot.com/p/stampers-10-stampers-clubs.html and let me know if you'd like to join us!!

No comments: