Saturday, March 12, 2016

Crocheting for our vets - another creative endeavor

Just a quick post today to show this blanket I just finished crocheting.  I'm working with a group crocheting hats, scarves and blankets for our local vets and homeless vets in the area.   In October there is a big event, where veterans are invited - with many, many resources for them - including the items we are crocheting.  They are free!!  We want to keep them warm during the winter months.

So, last month I made scarves and hats - but now I'm working on some blankets.  This is a full size and it is so soft - hope someone just loves it.  Just a funky pattern of stripes!  Now I'm working on a lap blanket that is really colorful - for one of our wheelchair bound vets. 
This is really rewarding for me - and a great way to use some of those balls of yarn I have in boxes!  Praying that each will be a blessing for the person that gets it.  See you soon!  ~Maureen

No comments: