Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Happy Fall Y'all!!

Hi All - My very first entry in a mojomonday challenge and it was so much fun!
http://www.mojomonday.blogspot.com/
I made this card below using the sketch challenge above for my Clean and Cute Stamp Camp last night and the ladies loved it. We used the small oval punch and the bird punch to make the pumpkin.
I had already had in mind I wanted to do a card with this cute little pumpkin - and when I saw the sketch layout I thought it would be the perfect focal point for the card. Then I wanted to get some texture and dimension to the card - so a run through the Big Shot, some splatters, some frayed burlap ribbon and VOILA!  Even though I wanted a Fall card - we've done a ton of Thanksgiving already - so I went with a more generic saying that could be used for many occasions.
The stem of the pumpkin is made with the bird wing, and the branch from the same punch is just curled around a skewer for the tendril and attached with a glue dot. The pumpkin itself is sponged around with Cajun Craze and that little bit of color really gives the pumpkin a lot of depth.
Like I said - this was a fun card to create and I hope you like it.  Please leave a note and let me know what you think, and stop back soon.  Stampingly, Maureen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card Maureen, challenges can be fun!!

Paula said...

Love the card, Maureen! I am going to have to get that oval punch :)