Sunday, May 31, 2020

5 30 2020 Coffee and a card... use up those scraps!

So I've been doing Facebook Live Coffee and a Card - to keep everyone engaged.  Each time I share a card, or technique, or in the case of my new upcoming one information on the new catalog and my catalog shares.  If you are on Facebook and interested - watch for this picture - I try to send out a day or two before I go live and again about an hour before as a reminder.
On the 30th of May I had one about using up some of your Designer Series Paper scraps - and below is the cards I made -
 
From the last card kit I offered I had a bunch of scraps left over from the kits - so I wanted to do something with them  - and this is what I came up with.  The base was in Whisper White a normal A2 base (dimensions in the video); then the Lovely Lipstick layer 5 1/4" x 4".  So the DSP strips for the vertical card were three 5" x 1 1/4" pieces.  If you line them up right next to each other - the fit perfectly with a nice border.
For the horizontal card I used four 3 3/4" x 1 1/4" strips and did the same thing.  You could also use five 3 3/4" x 1" strips or even ten 3 3/4" x 1/2" strips.  Then finish as you like.  I'm sharing the video here in case you'd like to make some cards of your own to use up strips.  Enjoy - 


(Products Used - Best Dressed DSP, Dressed for Success Stamp Set, Stitched so Sweetly Dies, Light Soft Suede, Bronze, and Dark Lovely Lipstick Blends, Pearls, Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, glue dots, dimensionals, snail.)
You can join me on my Crazy Stamping Lady Facebook page - HERE! on Wednesday, June 3, at 9:30 AM (MST) for my next Coffee and a Card mentioned above.  Also on Friday, June 5, at 9:30 AM (MST) I am doing my second mystery stamping.  I'll be putting out the first clue soon on what you need to gather to join me and craft along - so watch for that.  
In the meantime - have a great day, stay happy, stay healthy and stay creative!  See you soon ~Maureen

No comments: