Friday, March 9, 2012

Hybrid Card

Today I want to share the card I made for Makai's birthday.  This first picture is her gift and card - it was a "Rock Star" birthday!
I love the Extreme Elements set but don't own it - so I went to My Digital Studio and created the background for this card.  Then added layers of embossed and stamped imaged to give it the dimension I wanted.
Here's the card open so you can hopefully see the layers - the flagged strip with granddaughter was stamped, Baker's twine wound around the large layer and the blue circle embossed in my Big Shot - finally the "Rock Star" star was stamped, cut out and popped up on dimensionals.  I love the way it turned out and the way MDS works together with stamped images.
You can get a FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio - contact me to find out how!  ~Maureen

2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Beautiful card Maureen. Awesome you were able to do this with MDS. thanks for sharing.

Dale Morin said...

Great card and packaging. I am sure your granddaughter will be very happy with it.