Friday, August 18, 2017

Christmas Cards Sleigh Ride

So each month I do a Christmas card class - so that by the time Christmas actually rolls around - we all have a stash.  The card I'm featuring today was from a few months ago already. Time just gets away from me.  This class always gets pretty full - which makes me happy - because I love making Christmas cards year round!
It uses the "Santa's Sleigh" set from the SU annual catalog page 119.  This set is so versatile.  For this card it is a more natural look - but I've seen beautiful cards made with a metallic sleigh and in black, white and gold - whole different look - but so pretty.
Here's a closer look at the sleigh - isn't that scroll detail in both the sleigh and the runners just beautiful.  Makes me want to hop in and take a ride in it, then come home and snuggle by a fireplace. And you can see we cut the Whisper White in two curvy layers and sandwiched the tree between - then added some Wink of Stella to the edge to make it look sparkly like snow.
In the above image - hopefully you can see we also added Wink of Stella to the Tree and Snowflakes to finish it.  Thanks for stopping by - see you soon!  ~Maureen

No comments: