Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Wishes from Across the Miles

Tomorrow is Christmas - and this is my first Christmas where I'm not celebrating with my one of my daughter's and her kids :(  The other will be here on Monday with her kids - so that will be wonderful - but my heart is still just a little bit heavy.  So this year - I am really sending Christmas love and wishes across the miles.  It makes me realize how very fortunate I have been to have my family near me for so many years - praying that will be what the future holds again.  Not necessarily right next door - but not quite so far away :)
So today's card is one that we made in a recent cards class - and it had such an appropriate verse - I had to share it today.  It uses that amazing new Dynamic Embossing folder - "Cable Knit"!  Can you see just how deep that embossing is?  Beautiful!!!!
The set I used was "Holly Berry Happiness" - I have always loved holly - and I used to draw it all the time.  So when this beautiful set was in the Holiday Catalog - I had to have it.  All of the little leaves are stamped and punched out individually and then layered to may the little spray of holly on the right.
The Burlap ribbon from the annual catalog adds just the right layering between the Cherry Cobbler and the white cable knit.  Then the little pearls add the softness of some little berries on the holly.  I really love how this card turned out.  Makes me feel warm and cozy! Let me know if you liked it too!  ~Maureen
Here are some of the products used to make this card - click on any image to go directly to my online store~

No comments: