Sunday, March 15, 2015

Christmas Cards February

Finally getting around to posting my Christmas Cards from February - as you know I do two designs each month January through November - customers do five each of those two cards and when Christmas rolls around - they are READY!!  So here is my first design that was inspired by a beautiful card by Kay Kalthoff - what I really loved from her card was the sponging of the blue behind the branches - so here is what I came up with.    Christmas cards are sometimes difficult, since SU does not have a lot for Christmas available throughout the year - so I do sometimes use discontinued products for this group.


This card is made with the Ornamental Pines set - so beautiful - I could not wait to work with this set when it came out.  It starts with a Crumb Cake Base, Early Espresso layer and then I sponged the blue around the top and side.  After that the branches were stamped with Garden Green, pine cones and verse with Chocolate Chip and then added the sprinkling of gems.

You can see that there were two verse choices - I try to do this as much as possible - have a traditional Christmas verse and then also an alternative that is more just seasonal or wintery.  I think that makes more customers comfortable to make the cards.  So - my next Christmas Card class is this Sunday - if you're in our area - plan to come join me - full details in my March 14th post below!!  ~See you soon and think Christmas - Maureen
Items used besides the stamp set -

1 comment:

Paula Bock said...

That stamp set is so versatile. I love the card, it is beautiful!