Friday, July 23, 2010

Convention Gifts...

So nine - count them - nine - of my group "The Crazy Stamping Ladies" are headed off to convention in Salt Lake City today. It's a great group and we're looking forward to having a wonderful time. To add to the fun we decided to do a little convention gift exchange among the nine of us. Here is what Heidi came up with -Aren't they amazing. They are pins made with the Big Shot and our butterfly die - the top and bottom are a heavier leather like fabric and in between layers are a lighter printed fabric, and their finished off with one of SU's antique buttons. Then she hung a tag with each of our initials on it, and decorated the cardstock she attached them too. So Cute! Thanks Heidi

Next are my gifts to the group. I found these wonderfully soft bootie socks in these great colors at Michael's - so I got them for the group. Unfortunately when I went to decorate them - it was almost impossible for me to find DSP to match. All of these are discontinued DSP's (one is not even SU's) but I think they all look great! The belly band is decorated with a double scallop circle and then with the bird and branch from our bird punch with a gem for the eye.
Here's a close-up of one of the pairs of socks. I hope they like them - at least no one will have cold feet. I'll post more of our gifts later. Plus we're having a shoebox swap among us while we're there and I'll be sure to post those cards when we get back.

No comments: