Monday, July 20, 2015

Personal Post Monday - Birthday Celebration!

So - I had a birthday Sunday - and just wanted to share some of the lovely things from my weekend of celebrating.  Started with receiving this beautiful bouquet of flowers from Heidi and family on Thursday - was so unexpected and just made me happy in every way!
Then Friday - I spent some time going around the house looking at all the beautiful plants we have - the holly hocks surround my back yard and are just so pretty.
Picked a few little beauties to grace my windowsill - the colors on these roses is amazing!
Saturday hubby woke me with this great cup of coffee - he knows how to start my day - lol!!!


Saturday - lunch on our screened in porch - the weather was cool and breezy -
later we also had dinner out there - it was pouring rain - I don't think you can see it through the screen door  but it was a downpour.  Lots of thunder and lightning  -  it was amazing.  We ended up with 3.2" of rain in the gauge - so quite a storm. 
Then Sunday, here's the birthday girl ready for breakfast - actually I look like I was not quite awake yet :)
We had breakfast out - tried out Willow Hills Baptist Church for the first time (looking for a new church home in Prescott), did some furniture shopping, ate lunch out, took an amazing drive around the countryside, went home and stamped and relaxed in the afternoon and then out for a steak dinner with my sweetie.  No cooking ALL DAY - don't remember the last time that happened. 
Here's a picture of some of the clouds on our drive - we also saw a Pronghorn and a desert hare - but they were too fast to get a picture of.  Had amazing birthday wishes from friends and family, by phone, emails and Facebook.  I was missing everyone back in Cali - but Paul made it an amazing birthday and by the time I went to sleep was feeling nothing but blessed!! Here's to a great year ahead - thank you Lord for another birthday - may I honor You in every way this year!  ~Maureen

No comments: