Monday, April 4, 2016

March Christmas Card 1

Sharing one of the two Christmas Cards we made at my last Christmas Cards class.  I really like how it turned out.  I used the "Reason for the Season" stamp set and the Festive Flower Builder punch from our Occasions catalog for all the petals.  You can get these items as a bundle through May 31, 2016.


Punched out two of the double petals, four of the medium, and eight of the large.  Then stuck them all together with glue dots.  Added the little glitter "X" and a gem to the center.  By rolling the petals around a pen and gently folding them - you get all this dimension - yet it lays pretty flat for mailing.
The background was just tone on tone, using an image from the set - and I really like the look.  But the real star of this card, is that beautiful glitter washi tape!    It was only available during Sale-a-bration and is gone now - but I am so hoping Stampin' Up! decides to bring it back.  It is beautiful.  


You might notice the cards are different colors of brown above.  The one on the left is what we made at class using Early Espresso ink.  My first try was Soft Suede, but I liked the darker brown better.  Sometimes I end up making several versions of a card design before I get what I love.  
Here's a previous card I had made with the same set and shared before.  Hoping to get a Christmas card class in this month, as it is a crazy month.  Working on my class schedule now.  See you soon!! ~Maureen
Click on any image below to go to my online Stampin' Up! store -

No comments: