Sunday, December 2, 2012

Quick Easy Mexican Shredded Chicken

Just wanted to share a quick and easy crockpot recipe that is a go to for me on busy weeks.  In the morning before I leave for work I dump a 2 1/2 - 3 pound bag of frozen chicken breasts or tenders into my crockpot - then pour two jars of salsa on top - what ever kind you like - medium size jars.  No exact measurements.  I had accidentally picked up the "HOT" jar of Salsa Ranchero - so this time I mixed it with a mild Salsa Verde and it turned out great - but usually I just use two jars of medium salsa and it has a nice kick, but is not hot.  I put it cooking on low all day while I'm gone - 8-10 hours. 
When I get home I take two forks and shred the meat right in the crockpot and stir it up with the liquid and then we roll it up in a flour tortilla burrito style.  Top with shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, avocado, more salsa - whatever toppings you like on your tacos/burritos.  It is soooo easy, soooo yummy and we freeze half to have a week later again.  Enjoy!! If you try it leave me a comment on what you think.  ~Maureen

No comments: