Sunday, December 23, 2012

Candy Cane Centerpiece

Today I wanted to share a cute little centerpiece I made for our holiday party at work.  Unfortunately, my health became a real issue this past month, and my co-workers ended up having to do all the work of making  them :(  Here it is from a side view.
And here it is from above.  The candy canes are glued to a candle holder, and inside a smaller candle is placed so we can light it.  Then the entire thing was wrapped with a bow and put on this red charger.
 
I thought it would be really easy to do, but it ended up more difficult than I thought it would be.  Everytime I moved it the candy canes would loosen.  Here it is on a small paper plate.  Turns out the paper plate gave it a little more stability - so the centerpieces were glued to the paper plate, and then set in the center of the charger.  Looked lovely.
Just have to give a super thank you to the ladies who took this event over for me, and allowed me to be home and concentrate on getting better - they have no idea what that meant to me.  ~Maureen

No comments: