Saturday, August 13, 2011

August Cards Stamp Camp

Welcome! Here are the cards my guests made at Tuesday night's stamp camp - they each got to make two of each card - while eating and chatting and stamping with friends. I LOVE Stamp camps! The first card is made with Sail Away from the current mini catalog - I love this set and it's going away the end of August - so if you love it too - email me now to order! This card uses the ink to block technique to get that amazing frame for the sail boat image - to me it looks like a stormy sea - and we paper pieced the sails with white to make them pop. Masculine cards are always a bit hard for me - but this set makes it easy!

The next card uses the flowers from easy events in the new catalog - all of the stamps in this set have a verse with them, but I cut the verse from the flowers so I can use them seperately. We watercolored the flowers with ink and blender pens, and added the black and white flowers to the bottom for interest. The verse is from the Hostess set Occasional Quotes.

The final care we made uses the Strength and Hope* set, that is only available through August 31st. This is a beautiful set and we made it by stamping the encouragement words tone on tone to the Rose layer for a subtle background. The two butterflies were stamped, cut out, a pearl added, and the wings curled down. Then we mounted them to the card with glue dots. Purchasing this set is a great way to support Breast Cancer Research and a lovely set to use every day. To see the full imagery go here - http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/Strength_Hope_Images.pdf


*Stampin' Up! is donating $2 from this purchase to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® . BCRF is dedicated to preventing breast cancer and finding a cure in our lifetime by funding clinical and translational research worldwide. For more information about BCRF, visit http://www.bcrfcure.org/

Isn't it beautiful - to order this stamp set email me now at crazystampinglady@gmail.com

3 comments:

Lisa Kmiec said...

Very cute cards! I love the Sail Away card. I'm going to miss that stamp when it retires!

Shari Winterstein said...

Another great group of cards. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Dale Morin said...

Very nice cards.