Monday, January 17, 2011

Thought for the Day...

Hi all, I've spent the day prepping for a medical procedure tomorrow morning. So have been doing a lot of praying while fasting. I've had a rough couple weeks with some things a friend said, and they were weighing on me. But the power of prayer helps so much and I feel so much better. Anyway - while surfing the web I came across this thought for today -and loved it - so just wanted to share:

"This very moment is all that we have ~ so choose your thoughts wisely. It is too precious, to waste on the negative moments of yesterday." Written in 2011 by Sandra Ashmore --- Viet Nam

So no more dwelling on the negative thoughts - life and time are precious and I choose to move past the hurt. I have so much to be thankful for - and so many wonderful friends who are there for me. I feel soooo much better - as I have given it all to my Lord. Here's hoping you can all let something that is negative in your lives go also.

I hope to feel up to posting tomorrow! Till then - NO negative thoughts :) ~Maureen

2 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Wonderful words and so meaningful. Thanks for sharing those thoughts. Have been going through a lot of negative thinking lately and when I think of this thought for the day, it will surely help me let go. Good luck with your medical procedure will be praying for your full and speedy recovery.

Crystal said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. I've learned that my love language is "words of affirmation"...so when anything negative is said, it's like a double-whammy in the opposite direction, and I have a hard time not focusing on it and having hurt feelers. :)

This is a beautiful quote to remember, thanks so much!! Hope your procedure goes well!