Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Eve of Christmas Eve thoughts....

Sitting here tonight feeling a bit nostalgic - so thought it would be the perfect time to share these vintage Holiday Tags I made and sold at recent craft fairs.  First of all I LOVE fussy cutting, and I LOVE SU's "Home for Christmas" Designer Series paper - a match made in heaven.  My Mom loved to cut things out.  I remember so many times visiting with her and she would be sitting there cutting around pretty pictures from magazines.  After I moved 2000 miles from her she would send envelopes to my girls filled with cute pictures she had cut out for them.  She has been gone many years now, but she is in my thoughts tonight as I share these cute little gift tags.  I am sure I got my love of cutting pictures out from her!
 
 
 
I know the pictures are blurry - I took them late at night after I had packaged everything for sale - and I did sell them all, so could not retake.  But i think you can get the feel for them.  The are vintagey and the perfect compliment for my nostalgic mood.  I think I always get this way around major holidays - remembering all the Christmas' past when I was little and my Mom and Dad always made it magical for us.  Looking forward to the days ahead spent with our daughters and their families.  Memories in the making :)  See  you soon, and if I don't get back on here tomorrow - Merry Christmas!!!  ~Maureen

No comments: