Monday, April 18, 2011

Club "Bubble Background"

So our April Club featured the "Bubble Background" technique - for me this technique was soooo much fun - as I am a BUBBLE freak. I love blowing bubbles, and do so whenever I am stressed - I even have several bubble blowing machines. This technique is a lot of fun, but takes some patience to get just the look you want. The biggest thing I found is that you need to pop down all the extras each time you blow them and place the cardstock on, as the ink quickly leaves the bubbles - so last night we all had "inky" fingers :) After making our instruction card - we then made this greeting card using the same technique. For this card we used Tangerine Tango, and SU's "Just Believe" set. I love the sillouettes in this set and they look amazing against the bubble background.
Here's a close up of the bubble background.
If you try this technique send me a copy of the card you make and I will post it. I'd love to see what you can all do with this technique. See you all soon!

2 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is such a fun technique. One of the times I did this I got carried away with the straw part and had the bubble design everywhere! LOL I love this card. The design is great and it shows off the technique nicely. Now, when was that that you were going to send all of your grandchildren to live with me? Sometimes I just want to live next door to everyone! Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a beautiful technique! Thank you for sharing, I can't wait to give it a try! This sounds like such a fun class, too. Thanks for the inspiration! :)