Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thanks a Latte....

You all know me and Coffee!!! Or if you don't you haven't been checking my blog often enough.  I am addicted!!!  I love anything and everything coffee related - but most of all I just LOVE drinking it.  So I saw this adorable tutorial on Sarah-Jane Rae's cardsandacuppa blog, on how to make a little treat bag using our Coffee Cafe set and framelits - and I had to try it.  Here is a link to the post - COFFEE TREAT BAG  Her instructions are great, but measurements were metric - so I'll give you my measurements for my treat holder, later in this post.
So here is the finished treat holder - front and back.
And inside I wrapped Hershey nuggets - put them in a cello bag and tied with a coordinating ribbon.
We made these at a recent club meeting -
and then I made a bunch more for treat at an upcoming BUNCO event I'm doing.
I did the large cup - so here are my measurements and tips - 
Large Cup: 
Cut 2 cups from 2 1/4"x3" piece of Espresso cardstock
Cut 2 lids from 1 x 2 3/8" piece of White cardstock
Cut 2 sleeves from 11/2x2" piece of DSP of your choice
Stamp and cut 1 oval with verse from a 1 x 1 1/4" piece of white cardstock (for front of treat holder)
My measurements to make the bottom and sides of cup - a piece of Espresso cardstock 5 1/2" by 3".  Score long side at 2 1/4" and at 3 1/4".  Score short side at 1/4" and at 2 3/4".
Then follow her video to complete.  She left  her bottoms on the cups rounded, but I wanted mine to sit flat, so I trimmed the extra rounded part off the bottom on each side -and it worked great.  Hope you enjoyed!  ~Maureen
You can go to my online store here  or click on any image below to go right to that product in the store.

No comments: