Friday, March 30, 2018

Having some fun with Brushos....

What an amazing and fun new product Stampin' Up! is carrying in their Occasions catalog!  Brushos - watercolor crystals!  LOVE THEM!  If ever a product was addicting - this is it!  In February we used Brushos in my Technique Clubs - below is a little chart I made about how they looked in different scenarios.  But really, what I found matters most - is the amount of water added.  If you want more of the crystals to show like the first example - then less water; want a more blended look like the last example - then more water. Both watercolor paper and Shimmer cardstock work wonderful - but you can use Brushos on the Whisper White and Very Vanilla - it just gets a little warped from the water.
Below is the card we made using the emboss resist technique with the Brushos.  We first embossed the large butterfly with clear embossing on watercolor paper.  Then sprinkled on the Brushos were we wanted them - and spritzed away with water till we got the look we desired.  After it all dried we just layered it on our card - being sure to use tear tape around all the edges of the watercolor paper to help it lay flat.  We even sprinkled a few crystals on the envelope and spritzed it.
Below is a card I made for my grandson, Zavian's birthday - on this card - I laid down the Brushos in stripes where I wanted it - blue across the bottom, yellow in the middle and red at the top - trying to mimic fire from the Fire Breathing Dragon :)  After completely dry and layered on my card - I added my colored images (I used Blends on these) and popped them up on dimensionals.  I really love how it turned out.
Stop back soon to see more of the fun we had at Club with Brushos!!! ~Maureen
Click on any image below to go directly to my online store - 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is too cool. I need to take one of your classes and learn more about this.

Maureen said...

That would be awesome :)