Saturday, October 8, 2016

Spooky Stenciled card from Club

So - I wanted to use the stencils I've been showcasing with my Technique Club in a fun way - and when I looked the Paisley mask it reminded me of fall winds swirling around and kicking up leaves - as well as a bit like ghosts.  So I decided to go out of the box a little and make it into a Halloween sky!  By stenciling the top with black and the bottom with orange and even letting them blend a bit - it looks like just before sunset.
We added the spooky elements to complete the scene - some cute little jack-o-lanterns to lighten it up a bit, and stamped the inside of the card with some bats and a fun sentiment.


Here you can see a couple cards along with the stencil beneath.  We used a stamping sponge for the black, and a dauber for the orange to try out both tools and see what each person might like better. 
Finally I want to show you some of the dimension we got on this card - the bat is attached only by a glue dot in the center, and his wings are folded to give that in flight look.  By only putting glue dots on each side of the base of the tree - we were able to allow the branches to stick up a bit.  And then, lastly we added the fence with glue dots on each end and a dimensional in the middle.
All of this adds to the depth of the card.  Think it turned out pretty cute - and it was a fun way to use the Stampin' Up! masks.  See you soon!  ~Maureen
 Click on any image below to go directly to my online store!



No comments: