Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Star of Light....

Okay - I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a ton of stuff from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog - and I cannot tell a lie :)   But, I have found a new favorite.  It is the amazing "Star of Light" set and Starlight Thinlit Dies.  I have check other blogs, Facebook and Pinterest - and it just seems like you can't make a bad card with this set.  It is amazingly beautiful!
So yesterday we made the above card in my Christmas card class.   Nothing difficult here - just pure elegance.  The music notes come from the "This Christmas" Specialty DSP in the regular catalog.  This paper is thinner and perfect for layering; and full of wonderful 2 sided designs!  We tore and sponged that layer just a little to help it POP against the Vanilla background and cover any red or green that may have shown through from the other side after tearing.  
The stars were cut out of black and gold using the Thinlit Dies - and just look at this negative space. I have to make something beautiful out of the also :)   The gold stars adhered with glue dots and the black star is popped up on dimensionals.  Here you can see it close up - and we added the little gem in the middle to cover the glue dot, and to give a little extra bling!
And here is how we finished off the inside.  So pretty!  I love the sentiments that come with this set.  The ones I used here are just beautiful for the season.  But there is also a series of more religious ones too, in the set - such as "Guide us to Thy perfect light" and "The Light of Heaven"..."Became the Light of the World" - and I love these. 
Hope you enjoyed - only 14 weeks till Christmas!   ~Maureen
Click on any image below to go directly to my online store - 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Beautiful work, Maureen. :) I love seeing the steps behind the magic.