Monday, November 2, 2015

Man how time flies!! - Personal Post Monday with an APPLE CRISP recipe!

Okay - so an entire week flew by and here it is Monday and time for a personal post.  I was going to post about our Wisconsin trip - but I haven't even uploaded those pictures yet - so instead you get Halloween - lol!!  But be sure to go to the end of this post for an amazing Apple Crisp recipe - it is my FAV!!

So here are pictures of my grand kids on Halloween night - it's the first Halloween ever that I think we have not spent with at least some of them :(  But my girls were sure to send me pictures -
Paisley, Prince and Zamarah as Minions!
Kamili as Bat Girl and Makai as Wonder Woman!
Zavian as Captain America and Kyan as Iron Man!
Here's the entire crew lined up and ready to hit the streets for CANDY!
So - I had apples in the fridge that I had purchased before our trip and they needed to be used - so I decided to make Apple Crisp.  Hubby loves anything with apples - but this recipe is so simple and soooo delish!  I used my Pampered Chef Apple Peeler-Corer-Slicer - which makes prep so quick!
 
Here's a picture of the pan  - this makes a small cake pan full - this pan was 7" x 11" and is what I used the recipe below for. If you are using a regular size cake pan - you'd probably want to half it again or even double it. You can fill the pan to the very top, as it cooks down some as it bakes.
And I meant to show this ala-mode picture before I started eating it - but my appetite got the better of me :)
I also took the peelings - a cup of water and some cinnamon and simmered it on the stove - it make the entire house smell amazing and I was able to do it again the next day with the same pot of peelings before having to throw them.  Such a warm, cozy feeling in the house when you do this.
So finally - here is the recipe - please let me know if you try it and what you think.  I like it best when it is still warm out of the oven with vanilla ice cream.  But it is good cold too!  Not that it lasts long around here.  Enjoy - and stop back soon!  ~Maureen



Apple Crisp - YUMMY!
5-6 big apples (I'm biased towards Granny Smith, but Granny Smith and Honeycrisp mixed are great too.)
1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup water mixed
ground cinnamon  
TOPPING -
1 cup flour

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

1 stick cold butter sliced into about 8 pats
Peel your apples, and slice them into a buttered casserole dish or cake pan. 
Pour the lemon juice mixture over apples.
Generously sprinkle cinnamon on top - use as much or little as you wish - I love cinnamon - so mine were covered pretty well.
Combine flour, brown sugar and butter into a pretty bowl with your fingers till crumbly. You could also use a pastry cutter for this - but I like using my fingers for this step.
Pour crumbles evenly over the top of apples. 
Put in the oven at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until nice and golden brown. 
EAT AND ENJOY!!

No comments: