Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside.....

I came home from work today feeling lousy - suffering from a headcold and sore throat and I was freezing! Just look at these blustery, cold clouds - and with them came cold wind.Here's another view right before dark - it is cold- but the clouds are beautiful.Then I walked in the house to wonderful aroma of this crock pot full of Pozole cooking. My good friend Kathy at work gave me this recipe a couple years ago -and since then I've made it many times. It is soooooooooooooooo easy you won't believe it. All you need is a 1-2 pound pork roast with as much fat removed as you can and then cut in quarters. Throw it in the crock pot and top it with 2 cans of Hominy (drained) and 2 jars of Goya Recaito sauce. Then let it cook on low at least 8 hours - come home and shred pork with a potato masher and serve with shredded cheese and crusty bread!! The perfect dinner for a night when I'm not feeling well. Here's to a better - healthier - tomorrow.

No comments: