Saturday, August 4, 2018

Alaskan Cruise Day 2

Day 2 - Saturday, July 21
So I should have shared this on Day 1 but forgot - each of us got this beautiful, magnetic picture frame keepsake on our doors when we arrived at our cabins - what a special welcome from Stampin' Up!
And here is our bathroom - also forgot to share yesterday.  It was actually really nice and spacious for being part of a room on a ship.  Met our needs nicely!  And our wonderful steward, Rolly, kept it spic and span at all times.  If only I could have taken him home with us :)
So we got a great night's sleep and at some point on Day 2 I took this picture - but for the life of me can't remember when - as most of the day was just open seas.  We did sit out on our deck for a bit and were lucky enough to see a pod of whales breeching - there must have been about 8 of them.  But I didn't get any pictures.
We turned the cabin TV on and lookie what we found - an entire channel devoted to Stampin' Up! videos - this played around the clock as far as I can tell.  My table guests at dinner were talking about it, and even the guy I sat next to on the plane ride home was asking me all about Stampin' Up! because he had seen this on the cruise.  How cool is that!
This was the only day that we actually had a general session with the catalog reveal, demonstrations and giveaways.  They also announced the trip we'll be able to earn Oct. 1, 2018 - Sept 30, 2019.  Those who earn it will be going to Maui in 2020 - and it will be a land trip at a resort!  Woo Hoo - I'll start working on it, as soon as I earn the Greek Isles trip for this year lol!
 
After general session they posted some of the great samples from the General Session demonstrations.
And here are some more - just love that little tree -
Of course there were giveaways - I wasn't lucky enough to win Prize Patrol - but I'm not complaining as everyone walked away with a haul.
Even our guests got a prize - Paul loves it and has been using it every day for his ice water.
Here are the goodies we received at the General Session.
The food on the trip was amazing.   I'll share more in future days - but we rarely eat dessert at home - but could not resist the dinner desserts on the ship.  Here we shared a cheese and fruit platter, and some key lime pie.
We also took in several of the shows.  You can never be bored, as there was always something going on.
Finally, when we got back to our cabin after a long day of fun - look what was waiting for me!!!  Be still my heart - I LOVE that purse, and they threw in DSP to boot.  Plus this adorable little elephant was waiting to bring a smile to our faces.
Then it was off to dreamland with the rocking of the ship.  I'll post some stamping next time, then another day of our cruise - so stop back soon!  ~Maureen

No comments: