Saturday, August 29, 2015

Thank you notes!

Thanks a Latte - first of all that's what I want to say to all of you who have stuck by me through my move and re-establishing my Stampin' Up! business!  I know I have not been blogging or facebooking or even keeping my website up to date as much a I used to - but this move was major - and if you saw all the stuff I still have in boxes you'd understand LOL - I vow to do better!
These cards were made with a previous Paper Pumpkin kit - I made up a ton of them as I always need Thank You cards!
I really want to thank my new customers here in the Prescott, AZ area for stamping with me.  This is a great way for me to meet people - and crafting always brings the best people together.  Looking forward to meeting many more of you.  Also, a shout out to all the women who attended the Card Buffet at Heidi's house last Monday when I was visiting.  It was a great night of stamping and visiting - miss you all aready!  So.Cal. - the next Card Buffet will be 10/10/15 - so mark your calendars.  (details to follow)
 
So, speaking of thank you's - sometimes, when you have a lot of thank you notes to write, it's hard to sound totally sincere. Remember all those notes for your shower? wedding? It can get to sound a bit like a robot wrote it -

The proper formula for writing thank you cards is:

1. Express gratitude 
2. Thank them for the specific gift or service 
3. Explain why you appreciated the service or how you are using the gift
4. End with a personal note with sincerety

Still having trouble, there are lots of books on the market that will help you say the right thing - one of my favorties is Write the Right Words by Sandra E. Lamb.  She has great ideas for writing cards for all occasions--not just gratitude cards--and I find them to be incredibly helpful in getting my brain working.  

So again - today I'm THANKFUL for all of you!  See you soon!!  ~Maureen

No comments: