Sunday, July 28, 2013

Appreciation Lunch gift!

Today's my last post regarding this year's downline luncheon. First a couple pictures of those of us who were there.  I think it's everyone that attended (except Toni - who had to leave early and didn't get in the pictures :( - sorry Toni) -
Heidi, Kathy B, Me, Kathy S and Julie
Heidi, Lyn, Julie, Lois and Me
We took several pics and had to get Julie in a bunch of them, as she was moving out of town right after this picture ( I mean literally right after) - but she promises to make it back often - hopefully all our quarterly meetings!!  We'll miss seeing you every month Julie- but are so excited for your new adventure - can't wait to hear all about it.

I forgot to mention what we ate, as we were so busy I didn't get a picture - but I ordered family platters from Daphne's Greek restaurant so we indulged with warm pita break, gyros, grilled chicken, rice pilaf, greek salad, and taziki sauce.  Plus I made a greek pasta salad and we got some tabouli - it was so fresh and good and pretty healthy.  Then for dessert I put out a make your own sundae spread and the ladies did just that - made their own and ate them - it was all very Yummy!!!  A special thanks to my daughter Jenee who was our food runner for all these hungry ladies - thanks hon!!
So here's the little gift that welcomed each of them to the table.  I am a coffee fanatic (as many of you know) so I wanted to do something with the Perfect Blend set - and I thought what better gift than a package of "Espresso" twine :)   The little tag is very simple with paper-piecing for the band around the cup, and the perfect saying for the day.  I decorated a little clothespin with some DSP to match my color scheme for the day and a cute tiny flower with a pearl center.  It's my new go-to way to close a package or attach a tag - because the gift recipient can re-use it in many ways - clip papers together, close a back of chips, add a magnet to the back to clip a picture and hang on the fridge - the uses are endless.  So ladies, just know, I really do appreciate all of you and your friendships!!  ~Maureen

No comments: