Monday, June 17, 2013

Tie cards for Father's day

Just wanted to share the two very simple cards I made for Father's Day for my husband and my son-in-law.  I saw a similar card on Pinterest and love the masculine simplicity of it.  You just take a white card base, and cut down a slit about 1/2-3/4" long, straight down from the top.  Then fold the two sides down at an angle to make the collar. I made it a little asymmetrical for character - it's how the one was that I saw and I liked that look. 

Then I punched a 1" circle out of scrapbook paper for the knot, and made a template for the tie and traced and cut it out from a 2" x 4 1/2" piece of scrapbook paper.  The tie is just taped down and the knot is popped up on a dimensional. The one I saw had a paperclip for a tie clasp, or I could have added a brad for a tie pin, but I liked the simple nature of the card just the way it was.
To me this was the perfect Father's Day card for two special guys in my life.  See you soon!  ~Maureen

No comments: