Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gifts for my neighbors and card display!

So we have some of the greatest neighbors.  They've really had our backs through some difficult times recently and I wanted to take them over a little Christmas thank you!  So I made homemade peppermint brownies.  Here is a close up of them - they were gooey, and chocolatey and pepperminty :)  Hope they liked them.


Here they are getting dolled up for delivery!  The whole kitchen smells like peppermint!
I also wanted to share with you how I displayed my Christmas cards this year.  I got the idea off of Pinterest.  You just tie a ribbon around a cabinet door and use clothespins to hang you cards.  I usually get a lot of cards - so i used my pantry door, and instead of going all around the door, I just hung three lengths of ribbon.  This picture was over a week ago - now all three ribbons are full and cards are also hung elsewhere.
Here is a close-up of the cards.
Here's a close-up of the clothespins.  I decorated them with strips of designer series papers from SU, and kept them in this little cup on my counter, so they were handy as cards came in.  I think this worked out great and will do it again next year!! 

Thank you to everyone who sent us cards - it is so wonderful hearing from you all.  I will be sharing some of they hand-made ones with you soon.  Thanks for stopping by.  ~Maureen

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Neat idea Sis, I even saw my card.
Have a Happy New Year.
Love you,
Sharon