Monday, June 6, 2011

Downline Meeting Demo

Saturday was our monthly downline meeting for June and each month I try to demo something for the group that they can take back and hopefully use in their business. This month I demoed how to do this adorable punch art strawberry - it reminded me of summer and the annual strawberry festival we have in a city near here. I saw how to do this month's ago on a blog - but I don't remember which one. If it is yours, please let me know and I will be happy to share the link. I look at blogs all the time for ideas, and a lot of times the ideas stay in my brain - but the blogs don't :) Here are the tools you need to make it - the bird punch, I used the flower on an alphabet die but you could punch any medium sized flower; a little flower punch; the five petal flower punch; a regular 1/4" circle punch and the Scalloped Heart die - I think you can see how everything is layered in this picture - if not, email me and I'll try and explain. There is very little altering of any of the punches. Two of the petals are cut off of the five petal flower for the top of the strawberry, and you'll punch two of the leave from the bird punch and trim the stem off one set. I just popped it up on layers of coordinating cardstock and I LOVE IT!! The little bumps on the heart look just like the seeds on a strawberry. When I finish the card with it on - I'll be sure to post it. Hope you enjoyed - thanks for stopping by.

No comments: