Sunday, December 13, 2009

Student Worker Gifts

Minty Packages - As most of you know I work at Moorpark College, which is our local community college. Due to budget cuts in California, staffing has been reduced, and to help make sure we have office coverage - I currently work with 8 different student workers. So for Christmas, as a thank you I wanted to make them a little treat. Here is what I came up with - it is not an original idea - I saw something similar on Becky Robert's amazing blog, here - http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/2009/11/holiday-bazaar-wrap-up.html

But this is my version. It's Peppermint Patties dressed up and placed inside a Wilton Pretzel bag - Here is a picture of the mint and the bags before. You can get the bags at Michael's with their 40% off coupons - so it's a great deal. The mints were a little challenging - as I thought they'd be round -but when I opened the package they were not. So I punched another circle for the back of each mint and tucked the sides in. Also, feeding the snowflake mints into the packaging was a little challenging due to all those little ends sticking out - but through patience and perseverance I did it :)
Here are all eight of them done and ready to be delivered to the workers as they hit their last day of work before the holidays this week and next. Now I just have to try and do a little thank you card to match.
Hope this inspires you - the snowman if from the "Christmas Punch" Level 2 Hostess set in the current Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog. Enjoy!!

No comments: