Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stained Glass Vellum card

Today I want to show you the steps and the final product of the Spring Card we made using the Stained Glass Vellum technique.  The very first step was to heat emboss the flowers on vellum cardstock using white embossing powder.  Then we flipped the vellum over and sponged on color on the back using daubers.  We didn't have to be careful with the coloring here, as we're going to cut out the flowers.
Here is the vellum flipped back over and you can see the beautiful color coming through.
The we carefully cut out each flower and the stem of leaves.  Aren't they pretty.  So soft looking - perfect for a bridal shower or wedding card.
So here is the final result - we dry embossed the white later with the dots,  Punched a great tag out using our new tag topper punch, added some ribbon, dimensionals and pearls.
 That's it!  Beautiful- I really like the look of this technique and I love how the card turned out.
See you all soon.  ~Maureen

6 comments:

Tammy van Erp said...

Hi, I am new to your blog. Found you by way of Pinterest. I am truly loving your ideas and creations! Thank you for the inspiration and can't wait to see what comes next!!

Helen said...

This is a very pretty card. I haven't worked with vellum in years. Thanks for the technique.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to try this on some vellum soon. Beautiful

Anonymous said...

How did you adhere the flowers what fid you use?

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! I tried using that technique before and it was really messy. Is there a special ink I should use

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so beautiful! I can’t wait to try one myself. Thanks for sharing this!