Friday, November 9, 2012

Park and Rec Card II

Today I'm sharing the second card we made at my last Parks and Rec class - this one features the "My Friend" set from the current catalog.  I've got to tell you - this set is difficult for me - it's one of those sets with lots of different styles in it.  I wanted a bit of a retro look - so did the tear drops hanging down on the Crumb Cake base.  We then colored random ones in with Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Daffodil.  To mimic that hanging down tear drop part we strung a piece of bakers twine around the card (it's slipped through a small circle punch at the top of the card - at the crease.)
The oval is punched and strung on the bakers twine - along with the "My Friend" banner.  Then we paper pieced one little tear drop to match the patter on the oval.  I like how it came out - hope you do to.  See you soon!  ~Maureen

No comments: