Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Black Magic Technique

So my current club is a technique club where each  month we learn a new technique.  This month it was Black Magic - we create a 6x6" technique card that goes in our binder that shows a sample and instructions for the technique.
Then we use that technique to create a card - and this month this is the card we made.  I love it.  This technique is very folk-artsy to me - way outside my comfort zone - but I really like how the card turned out and I think the group did too.
Here is a close-up of the image.  You stamp with white craft ink on a dark color, let it dry completely, then color over the white with colored pencils.  At the end you add dots and squiggles with the white gel pen that really make it pop.
I'm forming clubs that will start in the next few months, so if you live in the Simi Valley, CA area and would like more info - let me know.  -Maureen

3 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Very nice.

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a great card and I like what you've done with the recipe card. If I lived near you I'd be at all of your classes. My husband would wonder if I got a job! :) Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my art. :)

Brenda Rigby Riehle said...

I love your "black magic" card. I tried this once, but my results were not nearly as nice. Your card has encouraged me to try agains. Thanks so much for sharing it.