Friday, November 13, 2009

AND THE WINNER IS......

Hi All, As promised I picked a winner of my blog candy - Level 2 Hostess "Snow Buddies" -

Here are the 17 entries from comments, new subscribers and subscriber referrals. Thank you to all for entering. I loved hearing your favorite Christmas memories - I'll share mine at the bottom of this post. I drew the old fashioned way - putting all names on papers and then picking one. Little old school - but it works!And the winner is....Meagan S. - for her comment (see original post below). Thanks for entering Meagan - I'll actually see you tonight at Stampers 10 and I'll bring the set with me :)
So here is my favorite Christmas memory -
When I was little my Dad would take the four youngest kids (there were 9 of us all together, but there is a 7 year gap between the oldest five kids and then me and my three younger brothers), out in the car looking for Santa on Christmas eve. My Mom and the older kids stayed home and decorated the tree and put the gifts under it. My Dad would look to the sky for Santa and every now and then say things like "I think I saw him" or "Did you hear jingle bells?" - it was wondrous, and of course we always thought we caught at least a glimpse of the Jolly Old Elf. Then we'd get home, and Mom would say "Look who came while you were gone." and there would be the tree all lit up and the presents beneath. Just thinking of that brings back a wonderful feeling of a time so simple. Both of my parents are gone now, and I miss them so much - so remember to hug your kids (or your parents) today!! Thanks all - watch for more Blog Candy when I reach 1,000 hits!!

No comments: